Reminiscing Pleasantries
Sunday, July 13, 2008
  One for the contrast with my blog title!!
Suddenly I am aging at a lightening pace!

For the last 2 or 3 weeks, I have had quite a bit of local travel and this gave me ample time to just mull over what I have been going through - consciously or unconsciously. Thanks to the airport and the associated drives, this had also been a period of quasi-break from my hectic schedule at work and some time for reminiscing. This is when I realized that for the last 8 months, I have had few good memories to fall back on. Incidentally, my last post on this blog was also 6 months ago!

Work..work..work...No space for anything else. Not that I didn't foresee a radical shift in my job profile from service delivery to pre-sales. But the quantum leap has indeed left a quite zapped. I am unable to catch up on novels/special readings that I so much enjoyed an year ago and of course the innumerable treks/outings that we managed on weekends. These days what I most dread about weekends is catching up on procrastinated work. All this was also a simple reflection of the fact that I am starting to lack that personal time that I cherish the most - to just ponder over life and try to make it a bit exciting.
Frankly, these are no qualms about the exciting work and the drive it brings along. But am lost when I have to think AT WHAT COST? Where do great minds draw a line (a thick unambiguous one!!) and say that is it?

I am damn sure the world out there has lot more wisdom than the one just writing this. So starting a heated debate on a blog that has been slumbering for a while is the best way to rejuvenation.

May the pearls of worldly wisdom make me wiser (and the greedy me also says richer)!

Labels: ,

 
Comments:
Lo Behold! It's me making the first comment on a rejuvenated blog!

The "line" i guess is very individualistic. Each to his or her own. Some draw the line sooner than others do. But interestingly a few months back i read a book by some ex-IIMB guy called" I bought the Monk's Ferrari" Interesting points he propounds one of which is that to sell a Ferrari, you have to first own one ;-) !! Maybe you are on you way to doing that dude! Think about it :-)

But whatever the case, don't lose that youthful "collegy" spirit you had :-)

Cheers
viggy
 
You will draw the line soon, I am sure... Just about reaching that breaking point ;)
Keep writing !
 
Well Buddy,

Quite a contemporary issue...what I think is that better make your decision after you settle down into your job fully....

Am pretty sure it should be smooth sailing soon :).

All the best,
Mosal
 
@Viggy: Thx for that enthudsing words...
@Gagan:Pleasure to be pushed to the brink!
@Krishna:happy to know the world is no different..:))
-Arvind
 
nice to see your blog kickstart again - for some time was wondering why you were so quiet!

your transition at work may translate to a bumpy ride and its going to take time & effort but it will be worth it - would love to say there's light at the end of the tunnel (not an on-coming train ;P), but i dont think its as simple as that. I think the bit of soul searching will keep you on track! keep going buddy!

"What is to give light must endure burning." - Viktor
 
well written maga.. I will leave comment in a less sophisticated english... i am one of those lesser mortals tht envy ppl like u tht has such good vocab to put down the thoughts of mind.
You have very well put in the later parts abt wht i have been thinking too.. "AT WHAT COST? Where do great minds draw a line (a thick unambiguous one!!) and say that is it?". indeed, more the knowledge one starts to acquire, the more he realizes that how little he knows. (i thnk i am now talking too much philosophy ;) probably am doing justice to my "to be profession" :D )......
 
where you come from!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

An easy goin' guy..raring to go places!!

Archives
December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / August 2005 / January 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / September 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / July 2008 / January 2009 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]