Reminiscing Pleasantries
Thursday, December 20, 2007
  Those were the best days of ma LIFE….
It’s been quite sometime since I penned down my thoughts – off late they have been random and vagabond-ish. More so, after my first job change in the last 5 years; this happened two months ago. This was alongside my completion of my non-residential MBA (PGSEM-IIMB) last month. Guess it takes this much time for reality to set in. I was unable to stand still and think even for a little while with all these and was just going along with the speedy flow of events and thoughts. Now it’s time for some nostalgia, some deliberations and still loads of random thoughts!

Weekends that were exclusive to IIMB now are for loitering around with friends. For the four successive weekends post MBA, I am yet to stay beyond a few hours at home. Cricket match for a weekend, friend’s treat for another so on and so forth. I have suddenly realized the void created by the end of the course while also feeling elated for all the time in the world. Some two and half years ago I had put out my initial thoughts of joining this course and how it re-defined meetings at cafes. I have come a long way after that and the whole sojourn has been a wonderful experience. Highs and lows were part and parcel of this long drawn yet well-relished journey and the means indeed justify the end. Being students of the non-residential MBA, I can vouch for the fact that I have indeed missed out on that helluva lot of fun that happens beyond the classrooms in the hostel. (My confidence oozes from the fact that the hostel was the quintessential part of our existence during my under-grad days).But I am being only 90% true and that is because out of the 10 quarters of MBA I was fortunate to spend one of them as an exchange term at Barcelona, Spain. Those were some of the best days of my life! Loads of reminiscences, lots of fun….can’t stop ranting on those times!!

Back home, another of my life’s milestone event was my job change. This is a milestone indeed since I had to make a colossal shift from the bread-and-butter IT delivery to an IT sales/marketing. I myself was not sure if I can make this transition rather smoothly if not seamlessly. Two months into this and I feel I am slowly getting into the groove. Am at it; just at its tip and a mountain is yet to be unearthed.

All in all, I can now safely commit to weekend outings and catch up with a good lot of movies and books that I long lost track of. So far, so good!
 
Comments:
Surely hard to sit at home during weekends! :) Anyway, good luck to you with everything !
 
nice.. all the best lo!
 
Never conclude on your best days so soon BIL !!! Life is long and sunny ahead. There will surely be many more instances to add to the list. So keep waiting for the next best days to come !!!
 
dude.. wassa??
spain, china, france and god knows where else!! :)

Good thing that you cut through the tentacles of inertia that are so lovingly wrapped around many of us.

May the force be with you. Or as Yoda might want to chew - "The force may with you be. For the good is the thing change. Let be filled the little black book with stuff new."

Ok, that's way too much funda. :-) All the best!!
 
Wish you more funfilled days and milestones ahead in your life ahead !!

All the very best for your future!
 
....Hmmm!
Why is no mention of FINAL Project of PGSEM!?
 
i agree your idea ! very nice blog
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

An easy goin' guy..raring to go places!!

Archives
December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / August 2005 / January 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / September 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / July 2008 / January 2009 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]